Media Contact: Beth McGroarty
[email protected] • +1.213.300.0107
Global Wellness Summit’s Podcast Announces Newest Season Including Conversations with Music Mastermind Timbaland, Transcendental Meditation Expert Dr. Tony Nader and Chopra Foundation CEO Poonacha Machaiah
Topics include AI and wellness, the intersection of sports and hospitality, the future of med tech and prevention, wellness tourism that embraces history and culture, and more
Miami, FL – December 12, 2023 – Global Wellness Conversations, the official podcast of the Global Wellness Summit (GWS), wraps up its fourth vibrant year celebrating a 75% growth in listeners on Spotify alone and announcing its lineup of guests for the next four months. This season’s guests include one of the greatest music producers of the 21st century, Timbaland; the world’s leading expert in Transcendental Meditation, Dr. Tony Nader; the fitness industry disruptors behind the global phenomenon known as Sanctum; the visionaries behind the rebirth of a Native American, historical hot springs in Palm Springs, CA; and the CEO of Tony Robbin’s groundbreaking new med tech healthcare service, Fountain Life.
In keeping with the latest Global Wellness Institute (GWI) research report valuing the global wellness economy at $5.6 trillion, podcast host and wellness industry communications pioneer, Kim Marshall, speaks with thought leaders from all eleven sectors of the wellness economy—ranging from mental health and wellness real estate, to beauty/personal care and fitness.
“There is simply no other wellness podcast that covers the range of research-backed topics that Global Wellness Conversation does,” explains GWS Chief Creative Officer & Executive Director, Nancy Davis. “Our Global Wellness Institute was the first to define the global wellness economy and provide data on its size and opportunities, while our annual Summit brings together leaders and identifies global trends shaping the future of the industry. The podcast is where you go to learn more about these luminaries and unlock wellness trends on both the individual and business level.”
The loyal and growing international listeners of this pioneering wellness podcast will be rewarded with not-to-be-missed podcast topics and guests in 2024, including:
- “THE EMPEROR OF SOUND” FOCUSES ON WELLNESS MUSIC – Timbaland, the musical mastermind that has more top-ten hits than the Beatles or Elvis Presley, will discuss his extraordinary wellness journey and new wellness music projects in partnership with Myndstream, the pioneering wellness music label. In his interview with guest host, Freddie Moross, recorded live at the GWS Summit in Miami, the uber-producer behind hits from Justin Timberlake, Beyonce, Alicia Keyes, Sam Smith, Rhianna, and more, explains how his journey into wellness saved him from intense life challenges. Listeners will hear how he was inspired to pay it forward by creating a new genre of wellness music with Myndstream to positively impact the lives of others.
- TAKING THE BENEFITS OF TM BEYOND THE INDIVIDUAL – Tony Nader, MD, PhD, trained at Harvard University and MIT, with specialties in internal medicine, psychiatry, and neurology, is the successor to Maharishi Mahesh Yogi and the global head of the Transcendental Meditation (TM) organization. Dr. Nader, also the best-selling author of One Unbounded Ocean of Consciousness, explains the research-backed reasons why TM can change outcomes in a community…and in the world.
- THE INTERSECTION OF SPORTS, HOSPITALITY AND WELLNESS – Patricia Ladis, PT, CBBA brings to life a wellness trend first identified by GWS in 2023. Ladis, a holistic physical therapist and a certified behavioral breathing analyst, has been an on-site physical therapist to professional dancers (American Ballet Theatre, Rockettes, Broadway) and tennis professionals (US Open, Wimbledon, Olympics). She explains an undeniable need from the sports world ready to be embraced by the hospitality industry. The episode also includes a cameo appearance by the mother of a soccer player in Spain’s Junior League, who is a living embodiment of the trend, having sought out wellness therapies for her 18-year-old son ever since he started playing at 5 years old.
- PREVENTIVE MEDICINE AND MED TECH – Bill Kapp, Fountain Life’s CEO tells us why it’s time to use tech to catch disease before it’s too late. Given the shocking facts that 70% of people who have heart attacks never have a symptom; 70% of people who die of cancer have a type that there are currently no screening tests for; and 40% to 50% of the population assume they are healthy but are prediabetic, this conversation explores how healthcare can and should be proactive and preventative.
- INVESTING IN WELLBEING – Poonacha Machaiah, CEO of the non-profit Chopra Foundation and the managing partner of ChopraX, which co-creates and invests in ed-tech, mental health, longevity, and integrative therapy companies, shares his early fascination with Artificial Intelligence (AI) and robotics. A thought leader in AI applications for wellness, Machaiah explains why he believes AI will transform the wellness industry to enhance individual and community health and wellbeing.
- FEMTECH AND SEXUAL HEALTH – Dr. Somi Javaid, board-certified OB/GYN, leading women’s sexual health thought leader, menopause advocate, and trailblazing founder of HerMD, talks about why investors and insurance companies are supporting her clinics as they begin to open across the United States and empower women to take control of their own wellness journeys, from infertility to menopause.
- FITNESS, COMMUNITY AND ACCEPTANCE – Luuk Melisse & Gabrielle Olszewski, the Dutch founders of the fitness phenom called SANCTUM, explain what moved them to create a blend of Eastern wellbeing practices with Western fitness methods that mix energy frequencies with mindful movement. We explore their business journey from an empty fitness studio in Amsterdam during the pandemic, to a capacity crowd in a candlelit church in London, to a retreat at Six Senses Ibiza, to the shores of the Mediterranean in Tel Aviv, to the waterfront at GWS Miami—in order to understand this new silent disco/spiritual fitness experience that touches the muscles, mind and heart.
- WELLNESS TOURISM INTERSECTS HISTORY AND CULTURE – Three categories of the global wellness economy—wellness tourism, spas, and thermal and mineral springs—intersect in this episode when we speak with Colleen Pace from Visit Palm Springs and Daniel Spencer, the wellness director at Sec-he Spa, a one-of-a-kind, tribally owned luxury day spa that opened in 2023 at the sacred site of the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians’ hot mineral spring. Find out details of this elaborate wellness oasis, the first ever to open on a Native American cultural plaza in the heart of one of the most popular tourist destinations in the US.
- THE BEAUTY INDUSTRY IN TRANSFORMATION – Host Kim Marshall leads a lively exchange with powerhouse CEO and founders from the largest segment of the global wellness economy, personal care and beauty. Noella Gabriel and Oriele Frank (Elemis), Tim Waller (Babor) and Irene Forte (Irene Forte Skincare) share learnings from their decades in the industry, predict where it’s going and what really matters when it comes to “hope in a bottle.”
The newest season of the Global Wellness Conversations podcast launches with the support of sponsor Oakworks, home of sustainable spa and health equipment.
Global Wellness Conversations is available on Apple, Spotify, Google, Amazon, Audible, globalwellnesssummit.com, or wherever you listen to your favorite podcasts.
About the Global Wellness Summit: The Global Wellness Summit is an organization that brings together leaders and visionaries to positively shape the future of the $5.6 trillion global wellness economy. In addition to an annual conference, held at a different location around the globe, GWS also hosts regular virtual gatherings, including Wellness Master Classes and collaborative Wellness Sector Spotlights, and each year holds an in-person Wellness Real Estate and Communities Symposium. The organization’s annual The Future of Wellness global wellness trends report reveals where the wellness industry is headed and is often quoted in the media. The 18th annual GWS will be held in St. Andrews, Scotland, November 4-7, 2024.
About the Global Wellness Institute: The Global Wellness Institute (GWI), a nonprofit 501(c)(3), is considered the leading global research and educational resource for the global wellness industry and is known for introducing major industry initiatives and regional events that bring together leaders to chart the future. GWI positively impacts global health and wellness by educating public institutions, businesses and individuals on how they can work to prevent disease, reduce stress, and enhance the overall quality of life. Its mission is to empower wellness worldwide.