The Global Wellness Summit (GWS) & Global Wellness Institute (GWI) are seeking a motivated Junior Graphic Designer to join their dynamic team. Not often is there a position available in these organizations. Most who work at either GWS or GWI have been part of the team for several years. One of the main reasons for this retention is the opportunity to learn about the world—to travel, interact with global leaders, and to be part of shaping an entire industry—one that is poised to continue to grow in size and stature.
JOB TITLE: Junior Graphic Designer
Job posted 1/3/2024
Email resume and portfolio to: [email protected]
Candidates must have authorization to work in the United States.
This is a remote-work position.
As a Junior Graphic Designer, you will collaborate with the art director and the marketing team to create visual content that aligns with our brand identity and resonates with our target audience of leaders from business, government, academia and the wellness industry as a whole. You will be involved in various stages of the design process, with a strong focus on production and execution, helping to create compelling designs across different mediums.
• Work closely with the art director to understand project requirements and contribute to the development of creative design concepts.
• Under the direction of the Art Director, assist in the production of visual assets for digital and print materials, including but not limited to: event collateral, PowerPoint presentations, social media & email graphics, website elements, videos for website and social media, marketing collateral, stage visuals and more.
• Reporting to the head of communications and working closely with the full marketing team, collaborate to address day-to-day department tasks, website updates and other marketing needs.
• Utilize design software (Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, and other relevant tools) to produce high-quality designs that meet brand guidelines and project objectives.
• Participate in brainstorming sessions, offering creative ideas and solutions to design challenges.
• Support in maintaining and organizing design assets and files for easy access and retrieval.
• Stay updated on industry trends and design best practices to continually improve design output.
• Associate degree in Graphic Design, Visual Arts, or related field (Bachelor’s degree preferred).
• Proficiency in design software including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Canva
• Proficiency in PowerPoint.
• Ability to execute simple video editing.
• Knowledge of WordPress, Google Analytics, use of FTP software and familiarity with web coding languages (HTML, CSS).
• Familiarity with MailChimp, and related email/social marketing tools.
• Strong creative and conceptual skills with an eye for detail.
• Good understanding of branding, typography, color theory, and layout principles.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a fast paced team environment and communicate ideas effectively.
• Strong time management skills, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
• Portfolio showcasing previous design work and projects (including digital and print designs) is required.
Preferred Skills (not mandatory but a plus):
• Experience with UX/UI design principles.
• Knowledge of social media and email marketing concepts.
• This position reports to the Art Director for creative design elements and to the head of marketing for day-to-day responsibilities and priorities.
• Must have authorization to work in the United States
• Pay: $24-28/hour
• Full time: 40 hours per week
• Work remotely from home
• Paid vacation and sick time
The mission of the GWS is “Joining Together. Shaping the Future.”
The Global Wellness Summit (GWS) and Global Wellness Institute (GWI) are recognized as the leading organizations in the wellness arena internationally. The GWS is well-known for its signature, invitation-only annual Summit, held in a different part of the world every year, attracting top leaders in the business of health and wellness. Additionally, GWS is known for producing the gold standard in annual trend reports, hosting subject-specific Symposiums, and producing various online communications including the Global Wellness News and TRENDIUM. GWS also hosts virtual events, including the Wellness Master Class.
The mission of the GWI is “Empowering Wellness Worldwide.”
The nonprofit GWI, as sister organization for the Global Wellness Summit, has several foundational pillars and is most known for its best-in-class proprietary research. GWI is also home to over thirty industry initiatives, chaired by leading figures in various sectors of the industry. The Wellness Moonshot: A World Free of Preventable Disease, is a marquee project of the GWI, reaching over 160 million people and counting. The Geography of Wellness is hosted under the GWI, and partners share research and facts about their particular areas of the world, as it relates to the industry—whether travel, indigenous wellness practices, tourism and more. Wellness Evidence, a unique and powerful tool where anyone can find the research and scientific studies to support wellness modalities, is also part of the GWI.
Ready to join our dynamic team? Email your resume and portfolio to: [email protected]